Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summertime for Salads

Summertime is the perfect time for salads. Fresh, clean and more hydrating than a plate of fries, I love to add new ingredients to the standard plate of lettuce. Now, don't get me wrong, I love fries. Love. I have a distinct weakness for potatoes in any form. I swing wildly from needing a burger and fries more than anything, to days of fresh vegetables and some fruit. Today was a nice light vegetable day.



First, roasted portobellos. Then, French's onions for a little crisp and salt. Chopped chicken and roma tomatoes. I favor the roma tomatoes because they are less juicy, and therefore perfect for topping off a salad. I used thousand island dressing in this instance, but I am an absolute sucker for Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing. What kinds of things do you add to your salads? I'm looking for some new ideas to keep this summer fresh and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment